[BioC] Significancy of not differentially expressed genes

Mike Ferker mike.ferker at gmail.com
Tue May 9 11:36:11 CEST 2006

Dear List,

I have quite a big problem but probably a 'naive'
question for you.

I need to know if there is a good and broadly accepted
way to select genes that are not differentially expressed
in a microarray experiment.
I am looking for a measure of the significance for the potential
'not differentially expressed' call that could be given to a gene
and that can be considered reliable from the community.

I have searched the internet but found just a couple of discussions
and papers about selecting control genes (i.e. housekeeping)
for real time pcr verification of microarrays results, but
nothing more.

Thanks

Mike