[BioC] GOstats and GenePix arrays

rgentlem rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri May 12 20:55:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

Mikko Arvas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there must be a growing number of people working with own custom chips and
> custom annotations for "exotic" half finished genomes, like me.
> Atleast last time I checked I didn't really find anything addressing
> this situtation
> in Annbuilder documentation or list archives.

  I am not sure what you might expect to find. AnnBuilder works on any
input data sources and the mechanism for combining different sources is
entirely under your control. We do not have a special page for organisms
with one data source and a different one for those with two etc, since
it is not needed. Which of the vignettes for AnnBuilder have you read?

  If your organism is not well documented at one of the places that we
know about and use for AnnBuilder then you would need to use the tools
AnnBuilder provides to do that (and there has been quite some discussion
of this). AFAIK anyone who has taken building such a package seriously
has achieved their goal and we have provided assistance to some as
needed and will continue to do so.

> I would be very happy for any advice on how to build an annotation package
> from self made chipID-GOid (or any other annotation) lists. Maybe it's
> my lack
> of experience, but I really don't know where to start

The vignettes, and then Google on AnnBuilder led me to a lot of
documentation, both by us and by others who have used AnnBuilder,
and asking questions when you get stuck (please read the posting guide
as it will help you to get answers)

   best wishes
    Robert

rgentlem at fhcrc.org