[BioC] RBGL installation on fedora core 5 (gcc4.1)

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 19 23:53:04 CEST 2006

Hi Seth,

> Thanks for sending an update.  Glad to hear that you were able to get
> RBGL working on your system.
>
> Just to clarify a bit on what I think the issues are:
>
> RBGL includes prepackaged sources from the Boost Graph Library
> (heavily templated C++).  It's this library code that fails to compile
> on the newer gcc's.  This isn't really a Bioc issue as much as a Boost
> issue and ideally, the Boost project will fix their code.

I have had the same problem with (R)BGL and gcc 4.1, just wanted to
point out that based on what we know (please correct if I'm wrong) the
problem is in the interaction between gcc 4.1 and the Boost Graph
Library, and it seems too harsh to say that the fault or the need for a
fix is necessarily on BGL's side.

Best
 W.