[BioC] affxparser users: bug fix in BioC 1.8

Sat May 20 03:04:41 CEST 2006

We have just uploaded a bug fix to the release branch of affxparser,
it may take some time before binaries etc. are available. The new
version is 1.4.1

The fix deals with two issues:

1) Compilation fails using Gcc-4.0.3 shipped with R-2.3.0 under Mac
OS X. It should work now.

2) On some platforms, reading a cel file resulted in zero (or very
close to zero like 10^-30) for all returned intensities. We believe
this is due to compiling with -O2 (and greater) using Gcc-4.0.x+
although a bug report obtained today indicates that this may also be
a problem for Gcc-3.4.4 - something that mystifies us a bit.

If the update does not resolve your difficulties, please email me
directly.

/Kasper