[BioC] rflowcyt and prada questions

dr. Treszl András treszl at gyer1.sote.hu
Thu May 25 08:38:15 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am using the rflowcyt package to analyze data generated on a FACSAria
machine with the DiVa software. I collect data for 10 minutes after an
initial stimulation of the cells than I export the FCS 3.0 files to
rflowcyt. After reading in the data I noticed that the data on
channel "Time" do not correspond to the actual duration of the measurement.
Namely, when I collected data for 10 minutes (=600 sec), my time-scale in
rflowcyt spans to 250 "units", instead of 600. (I am calculating a lot of
statistics, thus the proper time-resolution would be very important.)
However, if I try to analyze the same data with another software (e. g.
FlowJo), the scale is correct, thus the data needed are within the file,
simply I am not able to extract it. What should I do? How can I get the
proper time-resolution?

My second question: I have never been able to read in my FCS3.0 file from
the DiVa software via the prada package. Does prada recognize the DiVa-
derived FCS3.0 files? If not, do you have an extension for it?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

best

Andras

Andras Treszl MD PhD
First Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Bókay u. 53
H-1083 Budapest, Hungary
treszl at gyer1.sote.hu
Tel.: 36/1/334-3186