[BioC] problems to install Bioconductor packages in OSX

szhan at uoguelph.ca szhan at uoguelph.ca
Fri May 26 23:29:34 CEST 2006

Dear Bioc users,
I tried to install some bioconductor packages on our cluster run by OS X 10.4
with R 2.1.0 and failed as bellow.
I issued the command as an admistrator and the root user:
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
got Warning message:
unable to load shared library
'/common/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules/R_X11.so':
  dlopen(/common/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules/R_X11.so, 6): Library
not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /common/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/modules/R_X11.so
  Reason: image not foundQuoting dag via RT <inquiry-support at bioteam.net>:
thus after issuing
> biocLite()
got errors for compilation of several packages for instances:
make: *** [Biobase.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Biobase'
make: *** [Biostrings.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Biostrings'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [affyPLM.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'affyPLM'Error in library.dynam(lib,
package, package.lib) :
        shared library 'Biobase' not found
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package 'Biobase' contains no R code in: loadNamespace(package,
c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc))
2: S3 method 'as.data.frame.exprSet' was declared in NAMESPACE but not found
Error: package 'Biobase' could not be loaded
Execution halted
ERROR: execution of package source for 'annaffy' failed
. . . etc.
Would you please help me out?
Thank you in advance!
Joshua