[BioC] problems to install Bioconductor packages in OSX

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Sat May 27 01:45:13 CEST 2006

Hi Joshua,

Before to go any further, do you have any particular reason to use
R 2.1.0? Last R release is 2.3.0 and all R users are highly encouraged
to use it. On the Bioconductor side, we follow the R development cycle
by releasing a new version of our software a few days after a new R x.y
version has been released (approx. every 6 months) and our release is
aimed to work with this version of R _only_.
Our previous release (BioC 1.7) was aimed to work with R 2.2.0 and our
last release (BioC 1.8, released one month ago) is aimed to work with R
2.3.0.
If you want to use R 2.1.0 then you will only be able to use BioC 1.6
which we
don't support anymore.

Best regards,

H.