[BioC] Bayesian networks in BioC

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Sat May 27 01:27:07 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I looked around on the BioC site for information on any
implementations of Bayesian networks in Bioconductor.  I couldn't
find anything.  From the literature it looks like Bayesian networks
for gene expression has been around for almost as long as
microarrays, yet no implementations exist in R/Bioconductor - which
seemed a little odd to me.  Is there a reason for this?  Are Bayesian
networks somehow dubious, or is it just that nobody has written a
package?

Would love to hear from the experts...

Thanks,

Jake