[BioC] Bayesian networks in BioC

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Sat May 27 19:12:22 CEST 2006

On May 27, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
> Another word for Bayesian networks is graphical models.
>
> On Bioconductor, "GraphsAndNetworks" on
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/Software.html is probably
> a good start.  I believe geneTS is one such package.
>
> On CRAN, a great page for this is
> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Views/gR.html.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Henrik

Thanks for the tips.  This will give me a great start.  I'm not a
statistician, either, so I didn't know all the Bayesian networks
synonyms to help in my search.  I've just read a little more about
them and they seem to be painted as some sort of "silver
bullet" (compared to traditional clustering techniques) for teasing
out relationships among genes.  I wanted to give them a shot, but
couldn't find the right packages - until now.

Thanks guys,

Jake