[BioC] expression levels of individual probes

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Nov 8 18:14:45 CET 2006

Hi Chris,

If you want probe level expression values, you will need to extract
those data from your AffyBatch (probably best after background
subtraction and normalization).

You can extract e.g., the PM probe values for AFFX-CreX-5_at using the
pm() accessor function:

pm(abatch, "AFFX-CreX-5_at")

HTH,

Jim

Chris Dawson wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have a number of short RNAs that have high homologies to a number
> of  individual probes in the Medicago Affymetrix Genechip (http://
> www.affymetrix.com/products/arrays/specific/medicago.affx).  I'd like
> to be able to see for a few hundred probes which individuals, for
> example Medicago:AFFX-CreX-5_at:587:698, have high fluorescence
> levels and which do not. I realise binding efficiencies differ for
> individual probes, but I am only looking for indicative data. Sorry
> if I am not clear with proper terminology, I've only worked with pre-
> made gcrma processed data sets before, not individual probes.
> Cheers,
> Chris

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician