[BioC] error coercing an exprSet to ExpressionSet

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Nov 17 02:18:17 CET 2006

Hi Mark,

"Kimpel, Mark William" <mkimpel at iupui.edu> writes:
> I have encountered an error when attempting to coerce an exprSet to an
> ExpressionSet. Below is my code, output, and sessionInfo(). What is
> the problem? Thanks, Mark
>
>>isCurrent(eset, "exprSet")
>                R Biobase annotatedDataset exprSet TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE
>>  as(exprSet=eset,"ExpressionSet")
> Error in as(exprSet = eset, "ExpressionSet") : unused argument(s)
> (exprSet = <S4 object of class "exprSet">)

Can you try again without naming the argument?  Like this:

   ans <- as(eset, "ExpressionSet")

The error message is telling you that 'exprSet' is not one of the
formal arguments to the as function.  You can see those arguments
using the args() function:

    > args(as)
    function (object, Class, strict = TRUE, ext = possibleExtends(thisClass,
        Class))

So if you wanted, you could call as(object=eset, Class="ExpressionSet").

Hope that gets you going again.

+ seth