[BioC] error coercing an exprSet to ExpressionSet

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Nov 17 04:40:46 CET 2006

"Kimpel, Mark William" <mkimpel at iupui.edu> writes:

> Seth,
>
> Didn't work, here's what I got for output:
>
> as(eset,"ExpressionSet")
> Error in validObject(.Object) : invalid class "ExpressionSet" object:
> featureNames differ between AssayData members

Here's my guess of what's going on.  Does your exprSet, eset, have
data in both the exprs and se.exprs slot?  I suspect that the answer
is yes and that the rownames of these two matrices do not match (this
is what the error is telling us).

So I would compare rownames(se.exprs(eset)) with rownames(exprs(eset))
and make them match.  Then try the convert again.

+ seth