[BioC] Using CDF file on affylmGUI

Sat Nov 18 21:17:37 CET 2006

I am not too familiar with the affylmGUI package but I assume it
builds on the structures from affy. In that case you should be able
to do it manually:
   you make a cdf environment using "makecdfenv". You can either make
a package like Jim is saying, which is better in the long run (but
slightly more complicated especially on windows) or you can just have
a cdf environment in your workspace. Then you need to link your data
to this package. Presumably you have read in the data using affy, or
perhaps using a GUI. Anyway, the data should bve in the form of an
"AffyBatch" object. Say the data is called something like paulData.
Then you just do
   R> paulData at cdfName <- "ENVNAME"
with ENVNAME the name of your cdfenv. A slightly more explicit script
would be something like

R> customCdf <- makecdfenv(...)
R> paulData <- ReadAffy(...)
R> paulData at cdfName <- "customCdf"

check by just doing a
R> paulData
If the cdfName has been set correctly and you have a cdf environment
in your global workspace, the printing should work without problems.

Kasper