[BioC] KEGGSOAP

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Nov 28 03:02:13 CET 2006

Naomi Altman <naomi at stat.psu.edu> writes:

> Thanks, Seth, but I am still having problems.
>
> Firstly, I cannot seem to get out of the Browser.  Some R commands
> work, but not exit.

As Steven posted, use 'Q' to quit the browser.

> More importantly, I cannot install SSOAP, possibly because it is a
> tar.gz file, rather than a zip file.  (Yup, I am working on
> Windows.)

You are correct, no up-to-date Windows binary is currently available.
We are working on updating the version of SSOAP that is available via
biocLite.  We expect to have an update available by the end of day
tomorrow and we'll post to this list when it is available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

> Regarding versions:
>
> I installed R 2.4.0 yesterday, and then installed everything else
> using the GUI.  However, for KEGGSOAP and SSOAP, I downloaded from
> BiocLite (which was following a  suggestion from the email archive.

Using biocLite is the recommended way.

+ seth