[BioC] hs133phsentrezg metadata

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Oct 17 22:31:50 CEST 2006

Hi Manhong,

OK, I understand that part. However, for most of the annotation data
(including the chromosomal location), what is normally supplied is the
information at the gene level, rather than the probe level. I guess one
could argue that knowing where exactly the probesets are supposed to
bind might be of interest, but the annotation packages are intended to
annotate probesets to genes.

While it is true that some of the probes might bind to different parts
of the genome, this can be handled by supplying multiple locations. For
instance, in the hgu133plus2 package we have:

 > get("1007_s_at", hgu133plus2CHRLOC)
 > get("1007_s_at", hgu133plus2CHRLOC)
6_qbl_hap2          6 6_cox_hap1 6_qbl_hap2 6_cox_hap1
    2098794   30959839    2300465    2099260    2300931
          6 6_cox_hap1          6 6_qbl_hap2
   30960305    2305069   30964443    2103398

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.