[BioC] Editing AnnBuilder function "getSrcUrl"

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 27 14:31:11 CEST 2007

>I've been trying to use AnnBuilder (also Resourcerer|) to build
>annotation package for Bos Taurus  and I know I need to edit "species"
>in a number of functions (I expect) in order to do this. I have been
>following discussion (links below) on this topic which indicate that I
>need to edit the "getSrcUrl" function in AnnBuilder. However, I can't
>find this function or "downloadSourceData.R " anywhere. Where is this
>function and how can I edit it ? Thanks in advance.

getSrcUrl is in the file named getSrcUrl.R. It will be hard to get it to work by
editing functions within R as some of the functions are not included in the
NAMESPACE. You will have to get the source code and work from there. There are
several places you will need to change (basically by adding code to handle a new
organism)