[BioC] basicplot functionality (flowCore/rflowcyt)

Byron Ellis byron.ellis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:48:25 CEST 2007

That document is somewhat out of date. For simple plotting (i.e. not
drawing a selected region of any sort), plot(<frame>,<optional vector
of 1 or 2 parameters>) will give you the smooth scatter plot when two
parameters are given (it defaults to FCS and SSC) and a histogram if
only one is given.

For more general plotting, including being able to draw a filter onto
a plot among other things, you'll mostly want the flowViz package.
IIRC the function called "basicplot" is now in that package and known
as "flowPlot." Additionally, many of the lattice plotting methods have
been adapted for use with flow data and do sensible things, including
drawing a filter onto a plot.

On 8/11/07, M. Jankowski <mjankowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for helping me out with all my questions. I am new to R and
> really appreciate your guidance. Here is my new question:
>
> In this document:
>
> www.ficcs.org/meetings/ficcs2/presentations/NolwennLeMeur-Nov2006.pdf -
>
> there is this excellent figure showing just how the data has been
> gated out. The figure appears to be plotted by basicplot:
> basicplot(data,gateddata)
>
> There are several examples with different geometries. Based on the
> notes in the presentation, it looks like this function is in the
> flowcore library.  How do I achieve this very useful effect?
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

Byron Ellis (byron.ellis at gmail.com)
"Oook" -- The Librarian