[BioC] Wow, what have I done

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Tue Dec 11 02:29:32 CET 2007

So I did and this is half Mac list half Bio list

curl -O http://r.research.att.com/exp/R-2.3.1-ppc64.tar.gz
sudo tar fvxz R-2.3.1-ppc64.tar.gz -C /
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/lib64/R/bin/R /usr/local/bin/R64

As per <http://cran.fhcrc.org/>

And cool, I have 64 bit R which launches

But the

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite()

 method of installing packages failed with complicated error messages

So I obtained the monster 64bit package from <http://cran.fhcrc.org/>
 and dragged it all into the various /usr folders

And super,
ReadAffy now reads 81 .cel files no problem with 2.5 gig
So the 64bit is far more efficient than the 32bit

But now 3 new questions
1) does the biocLite method of packages work with R64bit
2) affyQCReport is not in the monster, how do I get affyQCReport into 64 bit
3) when quitting R in the Terminal (Mac) I save the image but do not know
where it went nor what it is named, where is it, what is it called

Thank you

--
Loren Engrav
Univ Washington