[BioC] Rgraphviz problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 19 16:24:17 CET 2007

Hi Marcelo,

"Marcelo Laia" <marcelolaia at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I install Rgraphviz, but it dosen't load/start!

I think you are almost there.  I suspect that the problem is that the
graphviz libraries are not in the path that ld searches.  You can try:

a) exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before starting
   R.  I think the following should work for you:

       export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/graphviz
       # then start R and try Rgraphviz

b) There should be a system-wide place to add paths to the ld search
   path.  On SuSE it is /etc/ld.so.conf.  After editing this file
   (requires root), you will also need to run ldconfig -a or some such
   command (also as root).

+ seth