[BioC] Rgraphviz problem

Stefano Calza stecalza at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 19 16:57:16 CET 2007

Seth,

that's absolutely right, thanks.

For Marcelo, the ld.so.conf file is in the same place as SuSE, but the command to update is simple ldconfig (as Seth said, as root)

Thanks

Stefano

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 07:24:17AM -0800, Seth Falcon wrote:
<Seth>Hi Marcelo,
<Seth>
<Seth>"Marcelo Laia" <marcelolaia at gmail.com> writes:
<Seth>
<Seth>> Hi,
<Seth>>
<Seth>> I install Rgraphviz, but it dosen't load/start!
<Seth>
<Seth>I think you are almost there.  I suspect that the problem is that the
<Seth>graphviz libraries are not in the path that ld searches.  You can try:
<Seth>
<Seth>a) exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before starting
<Seth>   R.  I think the following should work for you:
<Seth>
<Seth>       export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/graphviz
<Seth>       # then start R and try Rgraphviz
<Seth>
<Seth>b) There should be a system-wide place to add paths to the ld search
<Seth>   path.  On SuSE it is /etc/ld.so.conf.  After editing this file
<Seth>   (requires root), you will also need to run ldconfig -a or some such
<Seth>   command (also as root).
<Seth>
<Seth>+ seth
<Seth>
<Seth>_______________________________________________
<Seth>Bioconductor mailing list
<Seth>Bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
<Seth>Search the archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor

--
Stefano Calza, PhD
Researcher - Biostatistician

*Sezione di Statistica Medica e Biometria
 Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie
 Università degli Studi di Brescia - Italy
 Viale Europa, 11 25123 Brescia
 email: calza at med.unibs.it
 Phone: +390303717653
 Fax: +390303717488