[BioC] gcrma error? - linked to makeProbePackage ?

Benoit Ballester benoit at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 17:48:42 CEST 2007

James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Benoit Ballester wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use gcrma for the mouse GNF/Novartis data.
>> This dataset use a custom affy chip gnGNF1Musa. I got the CDF file and
>> probe file from GEO.
>>

>>  > library("gngnf1musacdf")
>>  > library("gngnf1musaprobe")
>>  > eset.gcrma<-gcrma(Data)
>> Adjusting for optical effect.......[more dots].....Done.
>> Computing affinitiesError: length(prlen) == 1 is not TRUE
>
> This indicates that you have probes of more than one length (e.g., they
> are not all 25-mers). This might have to do with what you note below,
> that there is an extra column in your probe_tab file. However, there is
> error checking in makeProbePackage that is supposed to catch these sorts
> of things, so I am wondering how you were ever able to make the package
> in the first place.

This is what I get when I install gngnf1musaprobe
  > R CMD INSTALL gngnf1musaprobe
* Installing *source* package 'gngnf1musaprobe' ...
** R
** data
** help
  >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'gngnf1musaprobe'
      Formats: text html latex example
   gngnf1musaprobe                   text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (gngnf1musaprobe)

looks fine to me

> What do you get from
>
> head(as.data.frame(gngnf1musaprobe))

This is what I get :

 > library(gngnf1musaprobe)
 > head(as.data.frame(gngnf1musaprobe))
[1] sequence                     x
[3] y                            Probe.Set.Name
[5] Probe.Interrogation.Position Target.Strandedness
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

 > gngnf1musaprobe
Object of class probetable data.frame with 0 rows and 6 columns

 > gngnf1musaprobe[1,1]
[1] NA

This doesn't look right ?!?

--