[BioC] Limma and randomized block design for time-course microarray experiment

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 25 01:07:10 CEST 2007

Dear Serge,

That's what I do. For example, the time course analysis in

Peart, M. J., Smyth, G. K., van Laar, R. K., Richon, V. M., Holloway,
A. J., Johnstone, R. W. (2005). Identification and functional
significance of genes regulated by structurally diverse histone
deacetylase inhibitors.  Proceedings of the National Academy of
Sciences of the United States of America.102, 3697-3702.

was done that way. Each time course was hybed at one time, as in your
experiment.

Please note, this doesn't constitute a detailed check of your code,
just a confirmation of the idea of using blocks for a time courses
done at one time.

Best wishes
Gordon