[BioC] Affymetrix annotation package

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 31 15:40:34 CEST 2007

>> Is "HG919-HT919" really an accession number? I do not get any hits at NCBI's
GenBank. NetAffx gives the same identifier for that probeset, but in a field
called "Representative Public ID".
>> There are some more probesets with "HGXXX-HTXXX" as ACCNUM on the hgu95av2
chip. Where can get more information about this identifiers?

The Public IDs Affymetrix provides may be a mixture of GenBank and other IDs.
Since most of the IDs on earlier arrays are GenBank IDs, BioC annoation package
names the environment "ACCNUM", although they are not all GenBank IDs. In fact,
some of the IDs (not sure if this applies to the 95av2 chip) are TIGR IDs. I
used Google to figure out the identity of the non-GeneBank ids.