[BioC] Bioconductor web page

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jun 5 07:23:24 CEST 2007

I've been creating a script to install all packages that I want on computers in
our Institute and I've been checking what is installed by biocLite.

The web page:

http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html

is incorrect. The error is that the page states that biocLite actually installs
20 packages, including reposTools. However, reposTools is not installed, but
affyQCreport is installed.

Could the install-howto be corrected?

I guess to be technically correct, it could be pointed out on the web page that
installing the packages using biocLite also causes dependent packages,
widgetTools, affyio, GO, KEGG, tkWidgets, simpleaffy and RcolorBrewer to be
installed as well. At least, this happens on my Windows XP installation of R2.5.0.

cheers,

Keith

Keith Satterley
Bioinformatics Division
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
Parkville, Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia