[BioC] Bioconductor web page

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jun 5 07:42:30 CEST 2007

[please don't reply to another message and change the subject, better
to start a new message for a new topic]

Keith Satterley <keith at wehi.EDU.AU> writes:

> I've been creating a script to install all packages that I want on computers in
> our Institute and I've been checking what is installed by biocLite.
>
> The web page:
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html
>
> is incorrect. The error is that the page states that biocLite actually installs
> 20 packages, including reposTools. However, reposTools is not installed, but
> affyQCreport is installed.
>
> Could the install-howto be corrected?

yes, we will fix it.  Thanks for pointing out that it is out of date.

> I guess to be technically correct, it could be pointed out on the web page that
> installing the packages using biocLite also causes dependent packages,
> widgetTools, affyio, GO, KEGG, tkWidgets, simpleaffy and RcolorBrewer to be
> installed as well. At least, this happens on my Windows XP
> installation of R2.5.0.

These dependencies can change.  Perhaps we will find a programatic way
to have biocLite or similar list what it will try to install and
remove the description from the web page...

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org