[BioC] CDF package in R (windows)

Salim Charaniya sal_charaniya at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 22:59:43 CEST 2007

Hi all,
i am a relatively new user of bioconductor. i am using R 2.5.0 installed on windows. I have used bioconductor for processing affy data. Last few days i have been trying to develop a CDF package for a custom affy array. I downloaded the makecdfenv package and used the commands in there to create a cdf package (using the .cdf file). but it seems that is not enough in windows environment. I have read the instructions in R installation and admin manual. Accordingly i installed the windows toolset (active perl, command line tools and MinGW compilers (Rtools.exe),  inno setup installer). I have also changed the path according to the instructions in Rtools.txt. However, I cannot understand the following statement in the R manual:

There are a number of options available: use R CMD INSTALL

The same command works in Windows if you have the source-code package
files (option “Source Package Installation Files” in the installer)
and toolset (see The Windows toolset) installed.

I have tried this command (R cmd install path_for_cdfpackage). But it is not recognized as a command and i get an error.
What are these source-code package files? Where can i get them? Is there anything else that i need to do to create the cdf package?

Thanks a lot,
Salim