[BioC] CDF package in R (windows)

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Jun 6 23:35:40 CEST 2007

Salim Charaniya <sal_charaniya at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all, i am a relatively new user of bioconductor. i am using R 2.5.0
> installed on windows. I have used bioconductor for processing affy
> data. Last few days i have been trying to develop a CDF package for a
> custom affy array. I downloaded the makecdfenv package and used the
> commands in there to create a cdf package (using the .cdf file). but
> it seems that is not enough in windows environment. I have read the
> instructions in R installation and admin manual. Accordingly i
> installed the windows toolset (active perl, command line tools and
> MinGW compilers (Rtools.exe), inno setup installer). I have also
> changed the path according to the instructions in Rtools.txt. However,
> I cannot understand the following statement in the R manual:
>
> There are a number of options available: use R CMD INSTALL
>

> The same command works in Windows if you have the source-code package
> files (option “Source Package Installation Files” in the installer)
> and toolset (see The Windows toolset) installed.
>

> I have tried this command (R cmd install path_for_cdfpackage). But it
> is not recognized as a command and i get an error.  What are these
> source-code package files? Where can i get them? Is there anything
> else that i need to do to create the cdf package?

Is the bin directory of your R also in your PATH?  Your efforts with
makecdfenv should have produced a source package directory.  Can you
try:

c:\<your_path_here>\R-2.5.0\bin\R CMD INSTALL somecdfpackagedir

I think you are close to getting things to work.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org