[BioC] how presence p-values can be accessed in mas5call output?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jun 12 21:09:01 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

Martin Morgan wrote:
> Use
>

>>assayData(ab.mas5calls)[["se.exprs"]]
>

> instead. This uses the 'assayData' accessor to retrieve the assay
> data, and the '[[' subsetting function to select the 'se.exprs'
> element. Using the accessor provides some protection should the slot
> name change. Using '[[' provides some protection against assayData
> returning a 'list', which it is allowed to do.

Is this in lieu of an se.exprs() accessor? If so it might be worthwhile
to add something to the ExpressionSet-class help page. I don't see
anything there for the assayData() accessor itself, nor anything about
how one might subset the output from this accessor safely.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.