[BioC] AnnotationDbi package only available for R 2.6.0 or higher version?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 15 12:12:14 CEST 2007

Daofeng Li wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i want to make an annotation package for Medicago.
> i searched the mailing list and found AnnBuilder maybe help me solve this
> i found in the ABPrimer.pdf from bioconductor.org mentions
> AnnotationDbi as a attached package.i am wondering AnnotationDbi will
> as a requriement for AnnBuilder.
> so i use biocLite to install AnnBuilder,RSQLite,DBI,AnnotationDbi one by one
> the first 3 without problem
> but AnnotationDbi failed

AnnotationDbi is in development and is not needed for AnnBuilder 1.14.0,
which is the version that is to be used for R-2.5.0.

All one needs to do to install a particular package for bioconductor is
to use biocLite('packagename').  In this case, biocLite('AnnBuilder')
would have been all that was needed.  As for ABPrimer.pdf, make sure
that you are using the correct version of that document.  In particular,
you need that document to match the AnnBuilder version that you are
using.  The correct version for AnnBuilder 1.14.0 does not mention
AnnotationDbi.

Hope that helps.

Sean