[BioC] Annotation parameter of hyperGTest

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Sun Mar 18 15:25:54 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Mayhew wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    I am using the GOstats package to identify significant association with GO
> terms of a set of "interesting" sequences NOT identified by a microarray.
>
>    As far as I can tell, I have set up the vectors for the gene universe and
> "interesting" genes correctly. However, I am not sure what to specify for the
> 'annotation' parameter of the GOHyperGParams object.

You will need an annotation package from which you will extract the GO
information for the test (Seth Falcon may have a way around this, but
AFAIK there is none). You will need to build one using the AnnBuilder
package, based on whatever you used to come up with the list of genes
that you are using.

It might be simpler to use the Category package to do this (but
regardless, you need to have mappings of genes to GO terms from some source.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald