[BioC] problems in boot.phylo()

Nora Muda noramuda at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 08:52:51 CET 2007

Dear BioConducter useRs,

I have problems in writing boot.phylo() function.

Let say I have 30 aligned sequences; then I computed pairwise distances with "K80" method. Then I construct phylogenetic tree with neighbor-joining method and my proposed method. Now I have problems in writing "FUN" in boot.phylo() function. Below are examples of my programs:

allbacteria <- read.dna("allbacteriafasta","fasta")
distallbacteria <- dist.dna(allbacteria,pairwise.deletion=TRUE,as.matrix=TRUE)
plot(nj(distallbacteria))

boot.phylo(plot(nj(distallbacteria)),allbacteria,nj(distallbacteria))

What should I put as FUN in boot.phylo?

I make comparison between distances of "K80" in PHYLIP and dist.dna("K80").There are a lot of differences esp in PHYLIP there is a default for transversion/transition rate; which is 2 but not in ape package. How to modify it to make it the same?

Hope you all may help. Your attention are really appreciated.

Regards,
Nora.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.