[BioC] limma read.maimages for scanarray express .csv files

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue May 1 00:15:23 CEST 2007

sltucker at artsci.wustl.edu writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to limma and am having problems reading Scanarray Express .csv
> files into limma via read.maimages.  I am running R version 2.4.1 and
> limma version 2.9.17.
>
> I tried...
>
>>RG<-read.maimages(files, source="scanarrayexpress", path=path)
> Error in readGenericHeader(fullname, columns = columns, sep = sep) :
> 	Specified column headings not found in file
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: input string 1 is invalid in this locale in: grep(pattern, x,

I wonder if this is a locale issue.  You may need to tell R to use a
different encoding for text.  It would be helpful if you provided the
output of sessionInfo() after you have received these warning messages
(it will include your current locale info).

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org