[BioC] Problem loading RdbiPgSQL

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue May 8 07:16:18 CEST 2007

Thomas Adams <Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov> writes:

> Sean & Seth,
>
> Thanks so much for your help and good suggestions. Unfortunately, none
> worked. I even went so far as to install R 2.5.0 and PostgreSQL 8.2.4
> (into a local directory)…
>
> One interesting point, is that when I install RdbiPgSQL 1.8, the
> install script is still looking for the include file libpq-fe.h in
> /usr/include even though I have specified the PostgreSQL 8.2.4
> libraries & includes elsewhere using:

Another strange point is that somehow the install process doesn't seem
to be linking against libpq.

I'm baffled at the extent of your difficulties.  I'm sure you are
quite frustrated.  It seems that you've been trying many things and I
wonder if the state of the system is what you think it is.  For
example, did you edit the RdbiPgSQL package at any point?  How many
PostgreSQL installs do you have now?  And so on.

You need to figure out how to get RdbiPgSQL.so to link against libpq.
This has to happen at compile time _and_ the libpq library needs to be
resolvable at load time -- you may need to modify your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, for example, to get this to work.

Good Luck.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org