[BioC] help for siggene installation

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu May 17 07:44:29 CEST 2007

"ruma" <rumas at cdac.in> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I had been trying to install the siggene package, but was unable to do so.
> I tried loading the multtest package and was successful in doing so. Before
> installing the same, I had already loaded the package Biobase.
> Everytime I try installing the siggene package, the following error is
> encountered:
>
> Error: package 'multtest' does not have a name space
> Execution halted
> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'siggenes
>
> Can anyone help me out with the problem..??
> Is there any different installation command for bioconductor packages, other
> than RCMD INSTALL ()...??
>
> Looking forward for a quick reply.

Please read about how to install Bioconductor packages and how to post
questions to the mailing list:

http://www.bioconductor.org/download
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/postingGuide.html

It is difficult to provide more detailed help because you haven't told
us much.

As a start, I would:

1. Make sure you are using the latest R release 2.5.0
2. Follow the instructions to install siggenes using biocLite
3. If you have problems, read over the posting guide and tell us about
   them making sure to provide plenty of details so we can better
   help.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org