[BioC] old version repository

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon May 21 16:09:47 CEST 2007

Hi Pedro,

Pedro Carmona wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does somebody know if there is any repository of windows binary files of
> previous Bioconductor Packages? I would like to get previous versions of
> some Bioconductor packages, eg Limma 2.9.8 and I do not know how to find
> them. Thanks in advance

As far as I know there isn't a repository of windows binary files. There
are the release repositories that contain windows binaries, but the
versions are quite discrete, and limma 2.9.8 isn't one of them.

I think your best bet if you really need this particular version is to
install subversion and the windows toolchain so you can get whatever
version you want and build the package yourself. This is a bit of work,
and can be daunting the first time, but it isn't really that difficult.

Some hints.

1.) Look here and follow the instructions:

http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

The Rtools installer has IMO made things a bit easier, so all you need
to do is install that, Perl, Subversion, and probably the HTML help
workshop. MikTex is nice for building vignettes, but you might wait
until later to do that.

Note that like most R help, the instructions are rather terse.
Accordingly, everything that is mentioned is important, so do pay
attention when reading the instructions.

2.) The murdoch-sutherland website is devoted to building R for windows,
but you need the same toolchain for building packages as well. You
_don't_ need the InnoSetup installer or MikTex. Just the first three
things listed under downloads.

3.) I personally like the command line subversion client for windows,
but there is a GUI called TortiseSVN that allows you to just drag and
drop things. I don't know if/how it works for previous revisions, so you
would want to check that out before installing. There is a link to
Subversion on the murdoch-sutherland website.

Best,

Jim

> Pedro Carmona

James W. MacDonald, M.S.