[BioC] Installing beadarray

Thu Nov 1 18:42:30 CET 2007

The space saving only really pops up when you do a
   biocLite(groupName)
because that installs a "group" of packages, some of which you might
not need. biocLite("SOMEPACKAGE") only installs what you need.

In your case everything went haywire because the packages you need
are dependencies of dependencies. biocLite checks this, but since you
just do "beadarray", biocLite just checks whether (pseudocode)
   dependencies("beadarray")
are installed - which they are. It never checks
   dependencies(dependencies("beadarray"))

If you had done this using biocLite from the beginning, you would not
have had this problem. Having said that, perhaps the time is ripe to
look into this second layer dependency issue.

Kasper