[BioC] Illumina Beadarray negative data

affy snp affysnp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:06:36 CET 2007

Dear Wei,

Thanks a lot for the notes. We have also figured out by the help
of Illumina experts that the negative expression values were generated
by background subtraction.

Our facility used the BeadStudio to do background subtraction and
normalization steps. The only concern I have is that we often see,
for a probset, it perhaps has positive value for control sample while
negative value for the test sample, or the opposite. For this scenario,
I do not know how to deal with.

Have you also done the analysis starting with the dataset1 you mentioned?
Will that make a difference?

We will also obtain the raw dataset without background subtraction and
see how it will look like.

Thanks once again!

Allen