[BioC] Using another array system but affy

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 17:41:13 CET 2007

Dear Erika,

thank you! The more precise question makes it much easier to give a
useful answer :)

* for normalization, consider quantile normalization (in limma) or vsn
(either through that package directly or via limma)

* for quality assessment, consider the arrayQualityMetrics package
(see http://www.microarray-quality.org/quality_metrics.html - for using
it with one color data, you need to provide them in the form of an
ExpressionSet).

* for differential expression with empirical Bayes, limma.

Best wishes
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber