[BioC] DNAString ("GC") -- error in nchar?

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Sep 28 23:19:08 CEST 2007

Hi Paul,

Here are 2 things that you could check:

  - How did you install R-2.6? Did you compile it yourself or did you use
    the universal binary from the "R for Mac OS X Developer's Page":

      http://r.research.att.com/

    This is where we grab the R that we use on pitt (our Mac OS X build machine).

  - How did you install Biostrings? Again, did you compile it yourself (with
    e.g. biocLite("Biostrings", type="source")), or are you using our
    universal binary. You'll get our binary with

      biocLite("Biostrings", type="mac.binary")

    or just

      biocLite("Biostrings")

    if you didn't change the "pkgType" option in your startup file.

There are many different ways to configure and install things from source
on Mac OS X and there is no way for us to test our packages for all the
possible setups. So when someone chooses this path, s/he is more or less
on his/her own because we have no way to reproduce their problem. Sorry!

Please test again but with the latest universal binary from the "R for Mac
OS X Developer's Page" and with biocLite("Biostrings", type="mac.binary")
and let us know if you still have this problem. Thanks!

H.