[BioC] DNAString ("GC") -- error in nchar?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Sep 29 00:38:01 CEST 2007

Hi Paul -- If something like (using '%' to mean the shell prompt)

% R --vanilla
> nchar('AT')

works, but

% R
> nchar('AT')

produces an error, then likely you've got something stored in
.Rprofile, .Rdata, or other (see ?Startup) startup file that is
confusing R, e.g., pointing to an old installation.

On the other hand if

% R --vanilla
> nchar('AT')

works but

% R --vanilla
> library(Biostrings)
> nchar('AT')

doesn't, then it points toward Biostrings and it would help to see
traceback() and the complete session. If there's no error ever with R
--vanilla, then it is again likely to be something in one of your
profile / environment / site files.

Martin

--
Martin Morgan