[BioC] plotDensities

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Apr 8 12:54:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Francesco Strozzi
<francesco.strozzi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  is there a way to pass plot parameters, such as main, title, xlim, ylim and
>  so on, to the plotDensities function of the Limma package?
>  I'm trying to pass this parameters but I always get an error:
>
>  > plotDensities(RG,main="Raw Data")
>  Error in plotDensities(RG, main = "Raw Data") :
>   unused argument(s) (main = "Raw Data")
>  > plotDensities(RG,xlim=c(1,2))
>  Error in plotDensities(RG, xlim = c(1, 2)) :
>   unused argument(s) (xlim = c(1, 2))
>
>  The same appens using other common plot parameters.
>  Any suggestion?

Hi, Francesco.  The help for the function is always a good place to
look for this kind of thing.  You can see that there are only a set
number of arguments and no '...', so you will not be able to pass in
other arguments.  You could look at the plotDensity() function in the
affy package as another alternative that does have '...', so you could
pass in parameters of interest.

Sean