[BioC] [Fwd: Re: gene level on exon chip?]

Michal Okoniewski michal.okoniewski at fgcz.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 22 13:27:17 CEST 2008

Hi Paul.. .

There was long discussion when I was implementing it and with the help
of my coleagues  we came up with the solution that
it is used there now - you can check the code internals of
.splicing.index()
Only exonic (see: select.probewise()) probesets are taken into account,
then by defaut a median is taken (may be changed to mean by a parameter)
and then get
"unlogged" values and average them and then log back. Hopefully, it
follows the splicing index as described in Gardina et al, BMC Genomics
7, 2006

Cheers,
Michal