[BioC] Separate function edit window in Linux

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Wed Apr 30 18:53:27 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 18:29, Daniel Brewer wrote:
> Is there any way to have a function editing window that stays open, you
> make changes, save and then in the main command prompt the new state of
> the function could be tested.  If you have used Matlab you will know
> what I mean.

Dear Daniel,

One standard answer is that this is readily available with (X)Emacs + ESS.
Edit, make changes, and then Eval-function (or region, or line, or buffer),
which places that in your running R.

If (X)Emacs does not suit you, I think a variety of editors have the features
you ask for. Take a look at:

http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/

Best,

R.

--
Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Statistical Computing Team

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y ...{{dropped:3}}