[BioC] Is anyone developing an extensible Galaxy-like interface for Bioconductor?

Jarno Tuimala jtuimala at csc.fi
Mon Aug 4 09:06:17 CEST 2008

Hello!

We have developed, and continue to develop Chipster, a graphical user interphase
build on top of R and Bioconductor. It is currently steered mostly towards DNA
microarray data analysis, but it can be easily extended with any R function,
Java code or command line tool.

Chipster is a client-server system, and it requires a *NIX backend for server
components, but the client is platform independent. It is also possible to set
up a stand-alone version of Chipster on a Linux machine. As such, it might be a
little heavy-weight for your purpose.

Currently we have made binaries available in SourceForge, but we are planning on
releasing the sources also, since the system is open source. Please see
http://chipster.csc.fi/ for more information.

If you'd like to get a test license, you can contact us on chipster at csc.fi.

Jarno