[BioC] problems with GenomeGraphs

Tue Aug 5 00:05:45 CEST 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 5:50 PM, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Aug 4, 2008, at 2:42 PM, steffen at stat.berkeley.edu wrote:
>
>> Hi Raphael,
>>
>> I week ago there was an new release of Ensembl and a few of
>> attributes in
>> Ensembl changed names.  These changes have been fixed in the
>> GenomeGraphs
>> package available here:
>>
>> http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.3/bioc/html/GenomeGraphs.html
>
> What's the best way to install this, assuming we're using R 2.7.x
> and, therefore, pulling from the BioC 2.2 repos (by default)?
>
> Do we have to update to R 2.8-devel, or should we just try to
> download the binary from that webpage and install manually?

To answer my own question ... I just downloaded the source from the
BioC 2.3 repo and did a round of

$ R CMD build GenomeGraphs
$ R CMD install GenomeGraphs_1.1.2.tar.gz

And things seem to be working so far in my R 2.7.1/BioC 2.2
environment (I already had the dependencies installed).

-steve
--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos