[BioC] Biomart mysql error...

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Dec 3 05:14:25 CET 2008

Hi Jesper,

biomaRt gets information about tables from an xml description inside the
database.  It looks like for some reason the table that biomaRt associates
with the rat chip is incorrect.  I'll investigate and fix it if the
problem is at the biomaRt side.

Your query shouldn't be slow when you set mysql=F.  The BioMart
webservices are pretty fast.  Setting mysql=F is the preferred way to use
biomaRt as it is better supported by the BioMart developers and relies
less on the query building we do on the R side with mysql=T (which is
harder to maintain when things change in new Ensembl releases).

Cheers,
Steffen