[BioC] forward conditional Cox and logistic regression

Katleen De Preter katleen.depreter at ugent.be
Tue Dec 9 10:06:49 CET 2008

Hi,

I would like to perform Cox proportional hazard survival analysis as
well as logistic regression analysis in R. At this moment I'm using the
SPSS program to do these analysis (forward or backward conditional, to
build a model and to obtain the hazard ratios). However, it is unclear
to me which package and commands I can use to do exactly the same in R?
For Cox you can used coxph: however, it is unclear how you can do it
with the forward conditional method?
Is there a way to do it in R? And what with logistic regression?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Katleen De Preter

--
dr. ir. Katleen De Preter
Center for Medical Genetics Ghent (CMGG)

http://medgen.ugent.be
Katleen.DePreter at UGent.be