[BioC] Running Pumacomb on both cores of dual-core machine

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:56:45 CET 2008

Yes Richard it seems that updating R and Puma has succeeded on Ubuntu.
Still no idea what's going on with SUSE, but my gut instinct is that
it could be an SSH problem.

Running on both cores of the Pentium D has reduces execution time for
the Estrogen dataset from about and hour and a half to around an hour,
which makes a lot more sense that what I was seeing previously.

My next step is to try to get this working between two networked
machines and maybe scale up from there, as the datasets we'll be
analyzing seem to take up to 10 hours on a single core. I'm presuming
both machines should be running the same version of R and Puma etc?

Anyway I'll give it a go and see what happens.

-Paul.