[BioC] readBeadSummaryData() in beadarray package

Daniel Pick dpick at pickdatamining.com
Wed Jan 23 08:20:59 CET 2008

Hello,
   I have beadarray version 1.6 installed on R 2.6.1.  I am trying to read
bead  summary data using the readBeadSummaryData() command.  I have
successfully read the dats in the example file that comes with the
beadarray package, but now I am trying to read in a different data
file.
   The data set has no lines to skip at the top of the file, so I have set
the skip parameter to 0.  Also, the file only has four columns which
correspond to the exprs, se.exprs, Detection, and NoBeads slots, but
with different column headings than the defaults, so I have changed the
column names appropriately.
The first column in the file is labeled "TargetID", which corresponds to
the default setting for the ProbeID parameter.
   However, when R tries to read the data, it's choking on the rownames
assignment statement in the code.  I have attached a small sample of
the data file in Excel spreadsheet format, so people can see it.  Can
anyone explain  the correct format of the readBeadSummaryData() command
to read this data?

--Daniel Pick