[BioC] minimum expression level (Simpleaffy)

alex lam (RI) alex.lam at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 16:34:14 CET 2008

Hi Patricia,
Between 2.15 - 14.6 sounds about right. Remember the intensities are in log scale after GCRMA or RMA.

In my last affymetrix analysis I think I used ~ 3.5. It was decided in an ad-hoc way by looking at the distributions: those under this threshold in my dataset also had very low variability across samples. 10 seems very stringent cut-off to me. Making plots of your data can help you decide what threshold to use.

Best wishes,
Alex

Alex C. Lam
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh)
Midlothian
EH25 9PS
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 131 5274471

Roslin Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland (registered number SC157100) and a Scottish Charity (registered number SC023592). Our registered office is at Roslin, Midlothian, EH25 9PS. VAT registration number 847380013.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the Institute